Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blogicon Reflection

The purpose of this project was to create a universal way
to interact with our classmates to share our views on our
history and current events. Twice a week we would have a
topic from something that we learned in class, and tie it
into an article that we would find on the internet such
as nytimes.com, cnn.com, or washingtonpost.com. By using
blogger we were able to easily navigate to our classmates
webpages, read their articles, and leave each other
comments.

Something I am most proud of about my blog is that I
have the most difficulty with computers imaginable.
Throughout the weeks of the project, I would always
complete my assignments, but it was always a challenge
posting them on my blog. By being able to overcome my
technical blogger challenges, I was capable to think
of other possibilities to post my work on time.

What I will improve in my future blogs is that I feel
like my connection to my articles and to my historic
events can be written out even clearer. I feel like
it always turns out choppy, and too informative
without much of my own opinion and voice. What I
think can help that problem is by rewriting it once
or twice before I post it on blogger. That way I have
a chance to move sentences around, and by revising it,
it will come out so much better in the end.

I think a better way to connect our blogs would be to
include links in our sentences. Also we should make
references to other blogs on other people's pages and
provide a link so that the viewer can go check it out
themselves.

Blogging has mostly impacted my knowledge relating
to the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and
the Federal papers. The reason for that is because
I have to fully understand what they are to be able
to find an article and relate them to each other.
This way I am forced to make sure that I know all
aspects about the topics that I am studying.

No comments: