Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our Really Awesome Book Club

I really liked our literature group because we were all super cute and creative. The best part was that it was like a book club but only a lot more enjoyable, the food, and our board game.

I don’t think I would change anything next time, probably choose a smaller book, because it felt like even though I had a month to read my novel, I read every day for half an hour and it still seemed like I was behind. But I always caught up so it wasn’t too bad.

We read “The Grapes of Wrath” by John Steinbeck. The novel was about the Joad family traveling to California in hopes of a better life. It also had to do with the industrialization that the country was going through, because there were “infinite demands with finite resources”. There were too many people with starving families, and very few job spots that paid very little.

I am looking forward to reading our next book “Slaughter House Five” because I heard that it was a very good book and my group is pretty awesome. 

No comments: