Monday, May 18, 2009

Magazine Reflection

My organization and timing went really well while creating my magazine because it benefited my process and final product. Since I remained on top of my work I finished my article days in advance and had enough time to paint my honors art piece along with an artist statement. I also started my first article by scratch because I wanted a more original piece of writing in the article instead of a photo essay or interview.


I didn’t face many challenges, the only tedious part was when I needed to revise my essay and I would not have the latest copy of it with me so I would have to rewrite the whole thing. That has helped me because now I know to always keep the latest draft with me through a hard drive or email so I can always be prepared in class.


What stood out as a good example were my fellow classmates’ articles. By going through them I was able to get lots of good ideas with picture and text placement. It also helped me get creative with my layout so that it stands out more then it did before. Sydney’s and Ana’s blogs helped me the most because they got their layout plans by looking through other magazines. I tried to make my layout unique while keeping their ideas in mind.

No comments: