Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My H2O Project

I have discovered a lot about the sea life and society conflicts that the community of La Jolla have. I always knew that there were seals there, but I never thought that there was some kind of problem with them being there. I also discovered a lot of the health risks that the seals have on the water which is why its closed to the public.

What I am mostly surprised is about how the community feel the need to kick the seals off the beach especially when its only a real small portion of our vast oceans. I am surprised that the people do not find it capable to share what we have and that just because the wall was was man made, it becomes our property. Another thing that surprises me about the project itself is that its a lot easier then I thought it was going to be. I would constantly panic thinking that I would never get contact with the organization or that I would never get good footage, but I actually feel really confident about my final product and that I will get everything done efficiently.

The next steps that I have towards finishing my project are to:

1. Start video editing
2. Look at bumper sticker ideas and start designing
3. Try to find a good place where I could print the stickers
4. Start sketching ideas for a bumper sticker

No comments: